“I would say take a risk as long as the risk you’re taking is really sharing who you are. This means asking yourself what really matters to you? What do people think of when they think of you? What are the interests that really get you excited? If you can communicate that excitement, that’s half the battle.”
How would you like to grab coffee with one of the world’s most experienced MBA admissions consultants and pick his brain on what makes a successful application?
This week I asked Paul Bodine, author of Great Applications for Business School, and owner of Paul Bodine Admissions Consulting, about his best advice to clients and admissions trends. Paul has helped hundreds of candidates since 1997 get into the likes of Harvard, Stanford and Wharton. This is a conversation you don’t want to miss.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- The 3 pillars of a successful application (which stand the test of time)
- Why you must make sure your goals are organic to what you’ve done
- The importance of authenticity in your application – and how to achieve this
- Recent application and admissions trends
- Paul’s strategic and tactical advice to clients on what to do with less essays
- Tips to ace group interviews and multimedia essays
Show Notes & Discounts for Touch MBA Listeners
- Paul Bodine and Admitify Consulting – Mention TOUCH MBA to get $300 off First-school package, and then $250 off each additional school for multiple school packages and $100 off 5-hour packages and $150 off 10-hour packages. If you end up working with Paul – or another admissions consultant – please let us know about your experience so we can recommend the best consultants to our audience.
- Paul’s book Great Applications for Business School