Darren discusses 3 ways to show “leadership potential” even if you are short on work and management experience. They are demonstrating that you have had visions that you’ve made real, attracted and influenced people, and gotten results. Just about all top MBA programs have “leadership potential” as a major admissions criteria. Listen on for specific and actionable ways you can show adcoms you have this crucial quality in your application.
You can remember these 3 techniques through the acronym CPR.
- Clarity / Vision: “The very essence of leadership is that you have to have vision. You can’t blow an uncertain trumpet.” -Theodore M. Hesburgh, Former President of University of Notre Dame
- People: “If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.” – John Quincy Adams, 6th President of the United States
- Results: “Effective leadership is not about making speeches or being liked; leadership is defined by results not attributes.” – Peter Drucker
Download and Subscribe
- Download and subscribe from iTunes
- Android, Apple, Palm & other mobile device users can listen on Stitcher Radio
- Subscribe via RSS or Email to stay up-to-date all things Touch MBA
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, we’d love if you could click over to our iTunes page and give us a positive review. Or leave a comment below. If you know some ways we can make it better, please send us an email: email@example.com. Let us know what you’d like to hear on the podcast!