“The students that landed the top-tier, most desired internships in tech were the ones who were networking in the first semester with alumni immediately… You’re only here for 2 years. If you don’t take advantage of the fact that you’re student, when else will you be able to? People are more open to sharing if you’re a student.“
Stephen Huber discusses his MBA experience at USC Marshall, from what he did to get off the waitlist, to preparing his wife for an intense first year, to leading the High Tech and Interactive Gaming Associations, to landing internships and jobs in tech and the hard-to-break into entertainment industry.
After listening to this talk, you’ll have a good idea of what it takes to make the most of your MBA experience, especially as a career switcher.
Stephen is also open to answering your questions about the the USC Marshall experience on our Ambassadors Forum.
- What Stephen did to get off the waitlist (9:31)
- Preparing significant others for the Full-time MBA experience (14:06)
- How to prepare for your first semester (21:13)
- Recruiting and Internships at USC (22:06)
- How USC Marshall has transformed Stephen (32:35)
- The importance of professional clubs at USC (38:07)
- What most applicants don’t know about USC (46:10)
- Stephen’s advice on what applicants should look for in an MBA program (49:20)
About Our Guest
Stephen Huber got his B.S. in Nuclear Engineering from the UC Berkeley and worked as a Nuclear Engineer for General Dynamics before starting business school. Stephen recently completed his first year at USC Marshall’s Full-time MBA program and will graduate in Summer 2018.
Kyle Forrest’s (UCLA Anderson ’14) Advice on How to Prepare Significant Others for Full-time MBA Programs
- Ask Steve Your Questions about the USC Marshall MBA Experience (Ambassadors)
- Preparing for Your First Semester (Ambassadors)
- The Business of Gaming Podcast
- Case Studies & Cocktails
- USC Marshall Full-time MBA
- USC Marshall High Tech Association
- The Marshall Interactive Gaming Association (MIGA)
- Get Free MBA School Selection Help
- Admissions Edge