“Our employers expect our students to be strong leaders earlier than in the US because they are given more leadership opportunities leading unprecedented projects in our part of the world. That’s why leadership is becoming more important in our program academically and our career development training.“
Lawrence Chan and Professor David Ahlstrom of The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK) MBA program join the show to discuss what makes the CUHK MBA unique, the school’s admissions process and the career opportunities in the region.
Program Highlights (2:48) | Admissions (19:30) | Careers (32:40)
Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK) MBA Highlights
- A pioneer in business education, CUHK offered Asia’s first MBA in 1966
- Students can complete the course in 12 or 16 months
- CUHK offers 4 specializations in Finance, Marketing, China Business, and Entrepreneurship
- Financial Times ranked CUHK MBA 36th worldwide in 2017
- 70-80 students / year
- Top Destinations for Class of 2016: 43% Hong Kong / 35% China / 16% Asian Countries
- Top Industries for Class of 2016: 22% Banking & Finance / 22% Investment and Asset Management / 15% Business and Management Consulting / 9% Private Equity & Venture Capital
About Our Guests
Lawrence Chan is Administrative Director (Marketing and Student Recruiting), MBA Programs, CUHK. Lawrence went to CUHK for his bachelor and MBA degrees and has over 2 decades of experience in sales, promotion and recruiting in Hong Kong and China
David Ahlstrom is a professor in the Department of Management at CUHK, where he has taught for over 20 years. He obtained his PhD in Management and International Business from New York University after working several years in government and industry. His research interests include managing in Asia, innovation and entrepreneurship, decision-making, and management and organizational history.
- Get your profile assessed by CUHK MBA
- CUHK MBA
- Hong Kong’s Best MBA Programs
- China’s One Belt, One Road: Will it Reshape Global Trade (McKinsey)?