“I think being located in Ithaca, New York, has a lot of pros. Ithaca is an amazing, vibrant college town, and the sense of community is very strong within our program. So if you’re looking for a program that is little smaller, we pride ourselves on having a collaborative community and fostering strong bonds.“
Eddie Asbie from Cornell University’s Johnson School of Management discusses what makes the Cornell MBA unique, the school’s admissions process and career opportunities for Cornell MBAs.
Program Highlights (7:14) | Admissions (29:50) | Scholarships (52:07) | Careers (58:38)
Cornell MBA Highlights (last updated Dec 2017)
- 1-Year Cornell Tech MBA (New York City), May intake, ~50 students/year
- 1-Year MBA (Ithaca, New York), May intake, ~75 students/year
- 2-Year MBA (Ithaca, New York), September intake, ~275 students/year
- Typical 2-Year Class: 5 years work exp / 35% international / 700 GMAT
- Offers 7 immersions in corporate finance, investment research and asset management, strategic marketing, strategic operations, digital technology, sustainable global enterprise, and investment banking
- Placement for 2-Year, Class of 2016: 94% w/job offers w/in 3 months, $121,000 USD avg starting salary, $31,000 USD avg signing bonus
- Top Destinations for 2-Year, Class of 2016: 53% NorthEast US / 18% West US / 8% Midwest US / 5% Southwest US / 4% Asia
- Top Functions for 2-Year, Class of 2016: 33% Finance / 29% Consulting / 22% Management / 11% Marketing
- ROI: one-third of class win merit-based scholarships, up to 25 students/year can win Roy H. Park 2-Year Full Tuition Fellowship
- Ranked #16 by US News and World Report in 2018
About Our Guest
Eddie Asbie is the Associate Director of Admissions and Financial Aid, Cornell University, Johnson Graduate School of Management. Eddie has worked over 5 years for the Cornell MBA and specializes in helping military, underrepresented and dual degree program candidates. Previously Eddie served as an Admissions Advisor for University at Buffalo.
The IESE MBA in Barcelona is consistently ranked Top 15 worldwide by the Financial Times. Do you want to challenge yourself and take your career to the next level? IESE’s full time MBA program will transform your capacity to think strategically, explore new perspectives and be a leader in today’s global world. The IESE MBA: Give us 19 months and we give you a lifetime of impact.
Get informal feedback on your profile at mba.iese.edu or visit us on campus at our Open Days.
- Cornell MBA (Ithaca, New York)
- Cornell MBA 1-year Eligibility Check (Ithaca, New York)
- Cornell Tech 1-year MBA (New York City)
- Life at Johnson – Student Clubs
- Financial Aid at Cornell
- #35 Cornell Johnson MBA Admissions Q&A with Christine Sneva “Join our club”