#6: 7 Deadly Sins of MBA Resumes
Your resume is often the first part of your application that MBA admissions officers see. Yet most candidates spend way more time preparing their essays. Avoid these “7 deadly sins” to make a strong first impression with your resume.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
The 7 deadly sins:
1. Too long
2. Hard on the eyes
3. Emphasizes the wrong thing(s)
4. It’s a job resume (not an MBA resume)
5. No evidence of impact
6. Lack of context for employers and accomplishments
7. No evidence of career progression
- MBA resume templates: Tuck, University of Buffalo
- Check out Accepted.com’s tips on preparing your resume.
Episode length: 16:42
Download and Subscribe:
- Download from iTunes and Subscribe to the Touch MBA Podcast by clicking this link
- Or click here for a direct download
- Subscribe via RSS
- Subscribe via Email to stay up-to-date all things Touch MBA
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, we’d love if you could click over to our iTunes page and give us a positive review. Or leave a comment below. If you know some ways we can make it better, please send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Let us know what you’d like to hear on the podcast!
3 thoughts on “#6: 7 Deadly Sins of MBA Resumes”
Pingback: #103 Advice for MBA Reapplicants with Neethling McGrath, Columbia MBA '19 - » Touch MBA
Pingback: #121 21 MBA Application Questions Answered - » Touch MBA
Pingback: #138 MBA Resume Do's and Don'ts (Plus Templates!) - » Touch MBA