“INSEAD places a huge value on being international and having the ability to work in different markets, and giving participants international mobility.”
Applying to INSEAD? Then you must listen to this week’s episode.
Caroline Diarte Edwards was Director of Admissions for INSEAD’s MBA program for 7 years, from 2005-2012, and is now Director of Fortuna Admissions, a MBA admissions consultancy which boasts 5 former Admissions Directors from INSEAD, Wharton, Haas and IE. She joins the show to talk in depth about INSEAD’s 4 admissions criteria (academic capacity, international capacity, leadership potential, ability to contribute), and what applicants can do if they are weak in any of these areas.
We also talk about what to expect (and do) in interviews, whether it’s beneficial to apply in earlier rounds, the January vs. Fall intake, and the importance of getting a first-hand experience of the INSEAD community. Caroline gives great insight into the admissions process for the benefit of our audience.
INSEAD was ranked #6 this year by the Financial Times and is consistently regarded as one of the top business schools outside the US. Each cohort in the 10 month program boasts over 80 nationalities and graduates work in over 50 (!) countries post MBA. The program also has 2 intakes, one in the Fall and one in January.
Listen on for much, much more!
- Topics: Introducing Caroline (0:00)
- What makes Insead unique (3:05)
- Insead MBA’s 4 Admissions Criteria (7:10)
- Preparing for the interview (25:12)
- Which application round? And which intake? (29:20)
- Last tips (36:40)
Show Notes & Discounts for Touch MBA Listeners
- Fortuna Admissions – get $100 discount off any school packages by mentioning TOUCH MBA
- Caroline’s 10 Insider Tips for Applying to INSEAD
- INSEAD Admissions Insights
Download and Subscribe
- Download and subscribe from iTunes
- Android, Apple, Palm & other mobile users can listen on Stitcher Radio
- Subscribe via RSS or Email to stay up-to-date all things Touch MBA
If you’ve found the podcast helpful, we’d love if you could click over to our iTunes page and give us a positive review. If you know some ways we can make it better, please send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Let us know what you’d like to hear on the podcast!