To celebrate the 100th episode of the Touch MBA Podcast, I’m trying something a little different. Instead of hearing from just 1 guest today, you’ll hear from 9.
I asked guests from our most downloaded episodes:
“What 1 Action Can Candidates Take to Dramatically Improve Their Application?”
Today, you’ll hear answers from some incredibly knowledgeable folks, a group with over 75 years of MBA admissions experience.
You’ll get 9 powerful, bite-sized tips (each less than 5 minutes) on mindset, positioning, school selection, resumes, essays and interviews.
I encourage you to listen EVERY minute so you can absorb ALL the advice each guest has to offer.
Applying to top MBA programs is never easy. I hope these words of wisdom inspire you prepare your best application and stay true to who you are and what you value.
Tune in and enjoy!
- Nick Barniville, Associate Dean for Degree Programs, ESMT Berlin (6:20)
“Enter the application process with the mindset that you’re trying to find a fit, rather than jumping over a fence.”
- Caroline Diarte Edwards, Former Admissions Director of Insead and Director of Fortuna Admissions (7:54)
“Spend a significant time upfront on reflection. Take a step back and ask yourself ‘where have you been?’ and ‘where are you going?’”
- Lawrence Li, Northwestern Kellogg Full-time MBA (13:03)
“Really understand why you need an MBA”
- Leigh Gauthier, Assistant Director of Recruitment and Admissions, Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto (15:26)
“Make sure your resume is accomplishment-based.”
- Tyler Cormney, CEO & CoFounder, MBA Prep School (19:07)
“Know the school inside and out that you’re applying to.”
- Shari Hubert, Associate Dean of MBA Admissions, McDonough School of Business, Georgetown University (23:56)
“When writing an essay, think of very specific and memorable examples. Stories are memorable, words are not.”
- Ashley Lautzenheiser, Associate Director of Graduate Admissions at Olin Business School, Washington University of St. Louis (26:20)
“Do your homework. Impress us with knowledge about our program.”
- Chua Nan Sze, Director of Graduate Studies, NUS Business School, National University of Business School (29:30)
“Apply early. Position yourself as a strong and prepared candidate. Someone committed who will be an asset to the school.”
- Ivan Kerbel, Former Director Career Development Office of Yale School of Management and Founder, Practice MBA (32:58)
“Stop trying to sell what you think business schools are interested in buying and take greater risk in expressing what you truly believe in and what you hope for.”
Want to Hear More From Our Guests?
- Rotman MBA Resume Template
- #88 ESMT Berlin MBA Admissions Interview with Nick Barniville
- #13 Insider Tips for Applying to INSEAD with Ms. Caroline Diarte Edwards
- #69 How One Listener Got Into Kellogg, Insead, Ross, Fuqua, Johnson and CEIBS
- Admitted to Kellogg, Insead, Ross, Fuqua, Johnson – Here’s How I Did It
- #64 University of Toronto Rotman MBA Program & Admissions Interview with Leigh Gauthier
- #71 How to Apply for Top MBAs with Tyler Cormney of MBA Prep School
- #21 “Set the World on Fire” – Georgetown MBA Admissions Q&A with Ms. Shari Hubert
- #89 Washington University St. Louis Olin MBA Admissions Interview with Ashley Lautzenheiser
- #2 NUS MBA Admissions Q&A with Ms. Chua Nan Sze, Marie Antonie
- #92 MBA Careers Uncovered with Ivan Kerbel
- Admissions Edge Course and Program