#201 Rotterdam School of Management (RSM) MBA Program & Admissions Interview with Jochem Kroezen and Maria Tsachli
“We’ve had a mission… that we bring to life in the MBA program about positive change, connecting to the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals. We’re looking at the broader purpose of management in business and society and it’s something that consistently attracts students and it’s something that we’re very proud of. It’s something that also sets our curriculum apart; we also continue to innovate and add new projects and courses that connect to that.“
Jochem Kroezen, Academic Director of Rotterdam School of Management’s (RSM) Full-time MBA Program, and Maria Tsachli, Recruitment & Admissions Manager, Americas, discuss what makes the RSM MBA unique, the school’s admissions process, career opportunities and more.
Introduction (0:00) | Program Highlights (4:00) | Admissions & Scholarships (25:00) | Career Opportunities (50:55)
RSM Full-Time MBA Highlights (last updated February 2023)
- 12-months, January intake, 100-120 students/year
- Typical Class: 7 years average work experience / 30-40 nationalities / 640 avg GMAT
- Module 1 and 2 are focused on 13 core corses, Module 3 on core courses and living management project, Module 4 on advanced career concentrations (finance, marketing, strategy, supply chain management, sustainability) and Module 5 on electives (pick from 30-40) and exchange opportunities
- RSM is looking for “academic ability, experience, motivation and capacity to contribute dynamically to the shared learning experience of the cohort”
- Maria’s advice: “We want to know more about the candidate as a person. What motivates you? What’s your passion? What are your goals and reasons for pursuing an MBA? Your maturity, your communication skills, how good of a team player you are.”
- Visas: MBA students receive an 18-month student visa and graduates can apply for a “job-seeker’s” visa, which allows them to stay in the Netherlands for 1 year post-MBA while searching for a job; this visa can start within 3 years of graduation
- Placement, Class of 2022: 93% w/job offers w/in 3 months, $73,481 USD avg starting salary
- Top Destinations, Class of 2022: 73% Netherlands / 20% Europe ex-Netherlands / 3% LATAM / 2% Asia / 2% North America (73% of graduates changed locations)
- Top Industries, Class of 2022: 25% Financial Services / 15% Consulting / 16% Manufacturing / 12% Technology / 11% Consumer Goods (92% of graduates changed industry)
- Top Functions, Class of 2021: 25% operations & logistics / 18% finance & accounting / 17% consulting / 10% general management (64% of Class of 2022 graduates changed functions)
- Ninety five hiring companies for class of 2022
- Applicants automatically considered for scholarships up to 50% of tuition
- Ranked #1 in Netherlands and #86 worldwide by The Financial Times in 2022
- 45,000 RSM alumni
- Tuition: €64,000; Estimated living costs €1,500/month
About Our Guests
Jochem Kroezen is the Academic Director of RSM’s Full-time MBA Program, and Associate Professor of Organization Theory at RSM. Before joining RSM, Jochem worked as an Associate Professor in International Business at Cambridge University’s Judge Business School. Jochem got his Masters in Business Research from RSM.
Maria Tsachli is Recruitment & Admissions Manager, Americas, for RSM’s International MBA Program. Previously, Maria worked for booking.com as a commercial advisor. Maria got her Bachelors of Arts in Communication and Mass Media from Ethnikon kai Kapodistriakon Panepistimion Athinon and her Masters in Social and Cultural Anthropology from VU Amsterdam.