“We have a lot of alumni all across the entertainment industry and Anderson is a great school as well so I’ve been able to get a great foundational business education while having access to the entertainment industry here in L.A.”
What is it like to be an MBA student at UCLA Anderson School of Management?
My good friend Mark Zee, a second year student at Anderson, joined the show to discuss his experience at UCLA. Mark is truly a non-traditional candidate, graduating from Princeton University in 2003, acting in Asia for 6 years, starting an import/export business in Singapore, and then working in educational consulting and finance in Houston, Texas before applying to business school in 2012. Mark shares how he tied all this experience together – and linked them to congruent career goals – in only a few essays.
In this episode, Mark and I discuss:
- Why Mark chose UCLA Anderson
- Application advice to non-traditional & older candidates
- The importance of professional clubs at Anderson & how Mark found his entertainment internship
- Mark’s take on Anderson’s culture – “a school is only as good as its students”
- Hot industries and career opportunities for Anderson students
- UCLA Anderson School of Management
- Student Clubs at Anderson
- #133 Breaking into Media & Entertainment (as an MBA)
- Email: be the first to get our interviews and application tips
- iTunes: we appreciate your reviews – they help more listeners discover the show!
- Stitcher Radio: great for listening on web & mobile devices