“We really feel it’s Georgia Tech’s time to shine. We’re really well-positioned to be the MBA program for the 21st century, from practical application, to the intersection of business and technology, to business analytics… everything the world is moving towards, we’re already there and we’re continuing to do better and better. So I think for students who are looking for an innovative program and a cutting edge experience, Georgia Tech does provide that.“
Katie Lloyd from Georgia Tech’s Scheller College of Business joins the show to discuss what makes the Georgia Tech MBA unique, the school’s admissions process and career opportunities for Georgia Tech MBA students.
Program Highlights (4:19) | Admissions (21:03) | Scholarships (37:00) | Careers (41:18)
Georgia Tech Scheller MBA Highlights
- Fall intake, 22 months, 80 students/year
- Class: 80 students / 4.5 years work exp / 25% international / 680 GMAT
- Students can explore 8 immersive tracks at the intersection of business and technology: technology commercialization, leading new ventures, innovating for sustainability, business analytics, computational finance, leading digital transformation, managing technology products, supply chain innovation
- ROI: two-thirds of class win funding through graduate assistantships and fellowships
- Placement for Class of 2016: 95% w/jobs w/in 3 months, $108,000 USD avg starting salary, $16,000 USD avg signing bonus
- Top Industries for Class of 2016: 40% Consulting / 19% Technology / 14% Financial Services / 6% Transportation & Logistics / 6% Consumer Products / 4% Health Care
- Ranked #29 by US News & World Report in 2018 MBA Rankings
About Our Guest
Katie Lloyd is Executive Director of MBA Admissions at Georgia Tech’s Scheller College of Business. Previously, Katie served in senior admissions roles for Emory’s Goizueta Business School, including Director of Admissions for its 1-year MBA. She has over 20 years over experience in MBA admissions. Katie attended Vanderbilt for her Bachelors, Indiana University Bloomington for her Masters and University of Georgia for her Doctor of Education.
The IESE MBA in Barcelona is consistently ranked Top 15 worldwide by the Financial Times. Do you want to challenge yourself and take your career to the next level? IESE’s full time MBA program will transform your capacity to think strategically, explore new perspectives and be a leader in today’s global world. The IESE MBA: Give us 19 months and we give you a lifetime of impact.
Get informal feedback on your profile at mba.iese.edu or visit us on campus at our Open Days.