“We get our students outside the classroom by having them work on real-life consultancy projects. We’ve built in a not-for-profit consultancy project, which students undertake at the start of the MBA. Students will then do a commercial consultancy project… then students complete the program by doing an international business consultancy project… what that means is that students in the Manchester MBA receive 900 hours of client facing time. That’s more than any MBA program in the world… our clients expect and demand the best results from our MBA students, so the pressure is on our MBAs to deliver for our clients.“
Chris Healy, Head of MBA Marketing & Recruitment of Alliance Manchester Business School discusses what makes the Manchester MBA unique, the school’s admissions process, career opportunities and more.
Program Highlights (3:40) | Admissions (29:48) | Scholarships (41:40) | Careers (45:45)
Manchester MBA Highlights (last updated Sep 2018)
- Manchester has a Full-time MBA, Global Part-time MBA, and Kelley-Manchester Global MBA
- The Full-time MBA lasts 12, 15 or 18 months and has 1 intake/year in the Fall
- Typical Class: 100-120 students / 6 years work exp / 80% international with 30 nationalities / 630 GMAT
- First 10 months dedicated to 5 core courses, 2 live consultancy projects and M&A project. The rest is dedicated to electives, exchanges and the international business consultancy project
- Manchester MBAs are required to do 3 live consultancy projects requiring over 900 client facing hours
- Manchester is the largest provider of transnational MBA education in the world, delivering its MBA program in the UK, Dubai, Shanghai, Singapore, Hong Kong and Sao Paolo.
- Manchester is looking for candidate with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Students get weekly sessions and unlimited 1-1 consultations with career counselors
- Placement, Class of 2017: 85% w/job offers w/in 3 months, 51,370 GBP average starting salary
- Top Geographies, Class of 2017: 45% in UK / 16% Asia / 15% South America / 15% Europe / 4% Central America & Caribbean
- Top Sectors, Class of 2017: 24% technology / 19% manufacturing and engineering / 16% consulting / 15% financial services / 9% healthcare
- 30% of class receive merit-based scholarships covering 10-50% of tuition
- Manchester has 60,000 alumni in 170 countries
- Ranked #4 in the UK and #36 worldwide by The Financial Times in 2018
About Our Guest
Chris Healy is Head of MBA Marketing & Recruitment for Alliance Manchester Business School at the University of Manchester. Chris has been with Manchester for over 12 years and got is Bachelors in Consumer Marketing from Manchester Metropolitan University.
- The Manchester MBA
- Get an Initial Profile Assessment from the Manchester MBA Admissions Team
- #41 Manchester Business School MBA Admissions Talk with Elaine Ferneley “Our program is practice-based”
- The Best MBA Programs in the United Kingdom